mayllt
what does "seen in context"mean? The flight and arrest of Lee Oswald must be seen in context, which is asking a lot. The mind instinctively rejects any connection between him and the nation's martyred Chief Executive. One feels that he slew in the criminal hope that reflected glory from the Kennedy nimbus might brighten his own anonymity—"Everybody will know who I am now," he told a police captain after he had been caught—and justice demands that while the deed cannot be undone the spoils should be destroyed. He shot the President of the United States in the back to attract attention. Noticing him, and even printing his name in history books, therefore seems obscene. It is an outrage. He is an outrage. We want him Out.】 what does "must be seen in context"mean?
1
0
The phrase "in context" means considered together with the surrounding circumstances. I understand it to mean that you(we all) must consider the facts and circumstances of the events that were happening at that moment in time(in context), as it would be difficult for people to believe (asking a lot) that Oswald, a man of little substance who wanted nothing more than attention, could have murdered the President of the U.S. I hope this helps.
mayllt