Antonia
So, another one. Hi! I need to know if انبَ and هِيَ have the same form for verbs in indicative, please. Thanks in advance!أنتَ ...my mistake
7
0
المضارع Present tense in Arabic has the same form for أنتَ first person singular, and هي third person singular, you can figure it out from the context. أنت/ هي تذهب : You go, She goes. Same thing in future tense - after adding س or سوف أنت/ هي ستذهب
لا Jussive and subjunctive are moods of the imperfective. The imperative or command is different.
Thank you, X for the explanation! On e more thing, the jussive is the imperative?
No it's different words انت=you هي= she
By "the indicative" you probably mean the "imperfect" or "imperfective". Usually this tense is referenced by its Arabic name "المضارع". From what I have learned, these forms are the same. Unless the subject is stated explicitly, it should be evident from the context. Note that there are three moods to المضارع
Antonia
Arabic, English, French, Spanish
French, Spanish