LilMonii
이것을 좀 번역해 주시겠어요? Could you please translate these following phrases for me? Sometimes I don't understand the grammar, sometimes I don't get the meaning. translating them to German would be the best for me to understand, but English is more than fine as well! 모든 부모의 공통된 소망 오른쪽에서 세 번째 불 켜진 창문 (What's the difference between 켜다 and 켜지다?) 늘 우리를 반겨 주던 개 꼭 찾고 싶은 사람 (why is it -은 and not -는?) 절만한 사람에게 희망과 용기를 주는 소방과
3
0
haha yeah, you are right. I added the last sentence in a hurry, sorry for the typos! :P So did I get this right: for example "불 켠 사람" means "a person who lit (something) up" , but "불 켜진 사람" means "the person (himself), got lit/burned"? Thank you very very much for your answer, I have the feeling I understood everything now. You are really good in explaining! :D
correction for (2) 오른쪽 is the righthand side , not left (왼쪽)
your last sentence should be written as 절망 not 절만. 절망 is the opposite of 희망. It is the state where one loses all hope. (1) the common wish and hope of all parents (2) the third lit window on the left (you need to use to use 켜진 because it serves like a participle form in english... it is the difference between " you light up the room " and "the lit room". It is passive. ) (3) the dog which often greeted us (4) the person who steadfastly wanted to find (싶다 is sort of like an adjective - used to describe the inner state of one's psyche. anytime you use an adjective to describe something you use ㄴ/은 instead of 는. e.g. 긴 다리(o) instead of 기는 다리(x)) (5) there might be another typo here - 소방관 which is a firefighter. 소방과, if ever existed, would mean the specialty of firefighting. The first makes a lot more sense to me, if you read this translation - the firefighter who gives courage and hope to those who are in despair.
LilMonii
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, Spanish