First a piece of advice, one or two questions at a time will get you more of a response.
1. cannot answer with out more content, bend can mean manipulate, be lenient.
2. I do not know the meaning of the second phrase
3. Not sure
4. I would say that means they are implying that French news tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...without compromise, and therefore implying that the president is accustomed to the news compromising the truth to his advantage/disadvantage.
5. this mean the deal is void
6. this means you never know what is going on, usually speaking about your group of friends or your family.
I know I couldn't answer everything, but I hope my short concise answers helped!!