Bridget
Professional Teacher
What do you think? U.S. President Barack Obama recently said, "The shift to a cleaner energy economy won’t happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way." What do you think he means by this statement? Do you agree or disagree? Tell me your thoughts!
10
0
As a person who works in power generation industry, I think this makes sense. It always calls for a lot of courage to make a change in anything. in this case, changing the sources of energy needs a great deal of investment on new facilities and power plants. They need to start many things from scratch. Invest a lot of money for studying the chances for cleaner energies and leave the traditional ways of power generation out which would hurt and these all can't happen in days or months. It needs years of work. I agree with the president.
I agree. It is very difficult to change our world energy system, specially when there are big corporations pushing in inverse way. You can observe... this companies invest little in "green energy" and their main effort and inversion is still on non-renovable energy. It is necessary more pressure of goverment and common people in order to change our energy system.
i think the USA is falling down... it was => the USA, Japan, China now it's => the USA, China, Japan the simplest logic =>...
I agree with him. The traditional energy, though leads to heavily pollution, brings short-term benefits which is significant in many area. What's more,not all the companies are able to use clean energy, the traditional energy is more mature that cost less
Bridget
English, German, Spanish
German