Martin
Hi i need know if is really at bible = tora " in the beginning" Because it is somebody at my country and he is translating " at domination" Thanks very much
3
0
I am not sure whether I understand your question properly, but the first word in the Bible, in Genesis chapter 1 verse 1, is בראשית which means "At the beginning". This word has a lot in common with the word ראשון which means "first". ב means at, or in The word ראשית is translated by the dictionary as "beginning, start, outset, commencement" and can also be used to say "first of all..." So the idea in the first word in the Bible is "At the beginning, at the start" If you want a proper translation of the Bible into English use the King James Bible. http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/
That sounds like a silly translation. "In the beginning" makes sense in many (if not all) of the translations.
Martin
English, German
German