mayllt
I don't understand this sentence You can persuade a man to believe almost anything provided he is clever enough. [does it mean"you can't persuade a man to believe any compliments about him?"]
2 февр. 2014 г., 9:59
3
0
I think it means "if a man is clever enough, you can persuade him to believe anything/you can make him believe anything"
2 февраля 2014 г.
"You can persuade a man to believe almost anything provided he is clever enough, but it is much more difficult to persuade someone less clever." - Tom Stoppard What Stoppard means is that a clever person is (ironically) more likely to be misled, ie. that person would arrogantly trust their intelligence instead of thinking practically or in terms of reality.
2 февраля 2014 г.
nuh ... I don`t think so. If I really clever I would not do that .. but I`ll be open mind enough to wait and check first .. otherwise. I`ll be as dumb as hell to believe any thing you throw at me.
4 марта 2014 г.
mayllt