Qing
What does" measures of achievement" mean? It is from an linguistic lecture talking about the role of motivation in language learning. There is one sentence saying" More recently, researchers have found that integrative motivation is positively correlated with measures of achievement." Before that, the lecturer introduced the concept of the integrative motivation. So, my questions is what " measures of achievement" refers to in this context? It sounds pretty like an academic term to me... I've really got confused with it. Please give my your opinions and help clear it up. Thank you very much!
4
0
Do not bother yourself with all that foolosophic (unlike philosophic) bolony. Lecturers like to show off and enjoy the appearance of importance as they think about themselves and invent all kinds of "wise" expressions. The whole sentence simply means that "the more you learn the more you feel like learning", which was too simple to entice you and the rest of public, that is why he/she emanated an abracadabra like, " researchers have found that integrative motivation is positively correlated with measures of achievement" - that sounds COOL!!! I take it as stupid.
I believe the speaker means the ways achievement is measured.
Qing
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese