sherry
make something into sometheen "I think you have misunderstanding on the police." "That's something else only a white man would say." His voice made something into sometheen. "You have freckles." "so what?" "So you're as white as I am. You can knock off the Indian routine. Why would the cops kill your father?" what does "made something into sometheen" mean? and how about "You can knock off the Indian routine" ?
1
0
The writer is talking about the way the character pronounces the word 'something' - it sounds like 'sometheen'. "You can knock off the Indian routine" - it's hard to be completely sure without more context but from the little bit of information provided, I am guessing that one of the characters is a white man with a bit of indian blood, who is claiming police persecution on account of his being 'Indian'. The other character is basically telling him to get realistic - "you're as white as I am".!
sherry