sunny
the last/ last I am not sure if I correct, but I think that last could be with or without "the". If it is correct, could somebody explain the easier way to differentiate them? I think "last night" is without "the", and in "the last semester" I will put "the" I am a little confused. Thanks!!
6
0
It very much depends on the structure of your sentence. Here are some examples to help guide you: Last night I went out to the party. The last night of the festival is on Wednesday.
Keep in mind that "the" is called the definite article. This means it is used for a specific noun. "Last night" is adverbial in Peter's excellent example, and so the phase does not require "the". If the sentence were changed to "on the last night I went out to the party", then "the" would be necessary. The use of articles in English is confusing, but just remember "the" signifies a specific noun.
sunny