Anotherworld
What does "single days" mean? Ted, my five-year-old son, and I were watching an air show. For a while he was amazed at a rolling, roaring plane. But the day was wet and windy, and eventually he felt bored. On our way out, I met an old friend. I hadn’t seen him in ages. We had skydived together in my single days. “Still jumping?” my friend asked. “No,” I said. He seemed disappointed. He said he had had more than 2,000 jumps in the last five years. I wondered how, once, I’d made more jumps than he had. “Why are you leaving?” he asked. “The real air show is starting soon.” I explained to him that my son was bored. We made some empty promises to get together soon, then parted. We had skydived together in my single days. What does "single days" mean? It means before marriage? Please help me!
4
0
Yes, you are correct. It means before marriage.
When the narrator didn't have a spouse or a child. When he was 'single' and could be irresponsible.
Anotherworld