DDyan
it is pitiful sometimes, the things we cling to "He believed that getting involved in that robbery was the worst thing he had ever done. It wreck his life and poisoned his relationships. But he saw my daughter's success as a sort of silver lining. It was one thing he could point to that his actions hadn't ruined. It's pitiful sometimes, the things we cling to." what does "poisoned his relationships" mean? and what about "he saw my daughter's success as a sort of silver lining" ? And "It's pitiful sometimes, the things we cling to" ?
1
0
"poisoned his relationships" mean?= destroyed his relationships "he saw my daughter's success as a sort of silver lining" ?as a sort of silver lining= a benefit "It's pitiful sometimes, the things we cling to" = "It's very sad sometimes, the things we hold onto"
DDyan