Robin
which one is correct? 1. How long will your vacation last? 2. How long will your vacation last for? *I think "last" is an intransitive verb, so I should add the prep here like"what do you talk about"? btw folks can be refereed to as parents right? Is it common to use folks to replace parenets? Thank you!Thank you
10
1
The correct sentence:How long will your vacations last?I reckon there should be no ''FOR.''To me, the second sentence seems outdated and the first one is a lot more popular and common nowadays. :D .hOPE IT helps!!!
Number 1 is grammatically correct. However, in actual conversation people use the two questions interchangeably. I would use number 1 if I was writing the question. As for the folks question, just think of parents as the formal and common term. If you say something like "my folks", it is very informal and used among friends.
Thank you!
Sentences should not end in prepositions. The use of folks for parents is informal. Other uses for the plural are slang. The singular is used to describe cultures that are not modern. Folk dancing is a popular form of recreation.
Robin
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Japanese
English, French, Japanese