minayalan
the sentence puzzles me "Walter Delacorte was first on the scene after I was shot. I wouldn't be alive today if not for him. I can tell you his heart's in the right place. He can be stubborn though, and if he starts down a certain road you can have a hell of a time getting him to turn back. But I'd rather not get involved in any differences you may have with him." what does "his heart's in the right place" mean? what about "He can be stubborn though, and if he starts down a certain road you can have a hell of a time getting him to turn back. But I'd rather not get involved in any differences you may have with him" mean?
2
0
If someone's heart is in the right place, he or she has good intentions and wants to be kind or helpful. He's stubborn, so he doesn't change his mind easily. Once he has decided something , or metaphorically "started down a certain road," you can't convince him to change his mind, or "turn back.""I'd rather not get involved with any differences.." means I don't want to take sides in the arguments you have with him; I know you and he disagree, but I don't want to be involved.
His heart's in the right place = he has good intentions (even if it doesn't always seem that way) He can be stubborn... = basically, it's almost impossible to change him if he does something he wants to do.
minayalan