emar
train I think someone answered this question for me once , but I still have problems with it. Sorry for repeating the question. Can I say I am training as a nurse at hospital? I have a training period as a nurse What´s the best way to say it in British English? In Spain people tend to use practice , because in Spanish we say : hacer prácticas de enfermera en el hospital
3
0
What do you mean when you say "I am training as a nurse at [the] hospital"? I think you mean you work as a nurse and are not actually training to be a nurse. We use training for the period of time you are studying or preparing to be something. However, we use "practice" often times to mean "work in" a certain field. For example, doctors "practice medicine" and lawyers "practice law." They do their training before (or at the beginning) of being doctors and lawyers.
emar