David
I dpn't understand "que." I don't understand what "que" is supposed to be in this sentence. Not to be confused with, I already know what qué is. "Tengo que ir ahora." = I have to go now. what is "que" in this sentence? I asked my teacher and she said it has no direct translation to english. So I get it, and I don't expect a translation, but why is it there, what does it do, when do I use it, and when do I NOT use it? ¡Gracias!
6
0
Everytime you use an infinitive verb "que" goes between "tengo" and the infinitive verb, expressing what you are doing. Tengo+Que+Infinitive El "que" in this situation is equal to "to" in your english sentence, but it's not the exact translation. Don't try to translate everything from english to spanish. Sometimes things don't have an exact translation. :)
"Tengo que" means I have to. It has the same use of I have to. You use when obviously You have to do something. I should= Yo deberia I would= Yo podria. I can= Yo puedo Sorry if i did not explain it well. But translating modals is kinda complicated
David
English, Esperanto, Korean, Spanish
Esperanto, Spanish