1. Close one - a situation where an undesirable outcome was narrowly avoided (also close call, close shave)
2. Slap some sence into you - change someone's ideas through physical intimidation
3. Lay it on me! - telling someone to proceed with whatever he or she is going to do to you
4. "News" is singular or plural? Why do they tell "This IS great news"? - "News" has no plural form.
5. Why in famous "CounterStrike" - computer game they say "terrorist win" and not "terrorist won" as Past? - Win is a noun here.