Hinda
to afford and to offer ? I confound between these two verbs. They have almost similaire meaning. How can I differentiate them ?
14 февр. 2014 г., 20:07
5
0
Similar? No... To (be able to) afford something means you have enough money/time/etc for it. It usually comes with some form of "can" or "be able to". Without a form of "can", it means "to provide", but this is a fairly rare usage. To offer something means you present something in the hope that the other person will take it. I can only find one example where they would have a similar meaning. Almost all of the time the meanings are clearly different.
14 февраля 2014 г.
offer يقدم يعرض This Job offers me good opportunities afford يوفر my father could afford me a new car. That means he is able to buy me a new one
5 октября 2014 г.
Peachy's explanation is perfect but just to give an example: -If a person is rich, they can afford to buy diamonds. -He was hungry so I offered him food.
5 марта 2014 г.
Hinda
Arabic, English, French