Pelin
Is there a proverb like this in English? You say it after listening a nice performance, a concert etc. It means you really enjoyed. We say it like this in Turkish **** My ear's rust went away. *****
3
0
I don't know one like this but it seems pretty cool. We probably wouldn't use Rust for an idiom like this. A close translation that would sound natural might be: 'it blew the cobwebs from my ears'. cobwebs are old, decaying spiderwebs, so it implies that your ears have not been used for a long time but suddenly, this event has made them come alive again.
There are many sayings that reflect such an experience, but only in general terms, nothing so specific as the Turkish proverb, as far as I can recall.
It's common when impressed by something to say "it blew me away". One could use that expression in reference to a performance and anything else that one finds exceptional.
Pelin
English, Turkish