mjehur
Is this correct? Is it correct to reply with 'I have none of those' when talking about people. For example, when someone mentions family members I don't have in my life anymore, how am I to answer?
4
0
You could say that, but it would unusual to answer such a personal question in such an impersonal way. It would be more common to be explicit, explaining in more detail. If that is uncomfortable, you can always say, "That is something I would rather not talk about."
Thank you for your response, but what I wanted to know is how should I answer using a pronoun (let's say that the person asked me about more than two people missing and it's irrelevant for how long)? Should I say then 'I don't have any of them'? It sounds a bit weird to me...
If you're saying that you never had a particular family member, I would use "I do not have any ___________." If you're saying that you used to have a family member, but for some reason you don't anymore, I would use either "I no longer have (a) _________________" or "I do not have (a) ___________ anymore."
mjehur
Croatian, English, French, German, Russian
English, French, German, Russian