akatuy
'teaches' OR 'is teaching'. Which is rather natural to English native's ear? 1. She teaches the piano to some children in her neighborhood. 2. She is teaching the piano to some children in her neighborhood. Thanks.
6
0
In an informal conversation, I would say: "She teaches piano to some kids in the neighborhood". Formally or written, either will sound natural, but remove "the" before piano: She teaches piano to some children in her neighborhood. She is teaching piano to some children in her neighborhood.
They're different tenses and mean different things. "She teaches..." means that she does it often, but isn't necessarily doing it now. "She is teaching..." means that she's doing it right now, but doesn't necessarily It's possible for just one or both of the statements to be true. They both sound natural. You just need to make sure you don't mix them up. Here's another example: I play squash, but I'm not playing squash because I'm sitting at my computer typing this.
akatuy
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese