Iris
Could you explain to me please what the last phrase means? This dialogue is from the movie "Casino Royal". V:You love me? B:Enough to quit and float round the world with you until one of us has to find an honest job. But I think that’s gonna have to be you.I’ve no idea what an honest job is. V:You’re serious. B:Like you said (YOU DO WHAT I DO?) for too long and there won’t be (ANY SOUL LEFT TO SALVAGE?). I’m leaving with (WHAT LITTLE?) I have left. She had told him before,"It doesn’t bother you, killing those people? I don’t believe you. You’ve got a choice, you know? Just because you’ve done something doesn’t mean you have to keep doing it."
2
1
What Bond is saying at the end is if you live the life of a spy (a life of killing and lying) for a long time, then you will slowly lose your humanity. If he stays a spy for long enough, there won't be any good part of him left to save. So he's going to leave the life of a spy in order to save the little piece of his humanity that he still has. Does that help? If not just leave a comment and I can try to clarify.
Iris