Lalit
Kindly advise the difference between "will" and "would" For example, what is the difference in this two sentence. "The job will be done by Monday" and "The job would be done by Monday"
1
0
You use "will" to form future tenses - the action of the verb will happen in the future. You use "would" to form the conditional - the action of the verb could happen. "The job will be done by Monday." - The job is certainly going to be finished before Monday or on Monday. "The job would be done by Monday." - The job is not going to be finished before or on Monday, because of a specific reason. You could say, for example - "The job would be done by Monday, but it won't because it will rain all the time." Another example. "I will meet you this afternoon." - There is no doubt that I will meet you this afternoon. "I would meet you this afternoon, (but I have other things to do)." - I will not meet you, because I have other things to do. But, if I didn't have these things to do, I WOULD meet you. Hope it helps at least a bit :)
Lalit
English, Gujarati