Фиксики
Are you a baseball fan? Pardon me for being ignorant, but I need some help from baseball fans. I'd appreciate it if you can tell me what these sentences mean. 1) Wills was a record making base stealer. 2) When he stole more bases than any other player in the major leagues, he also held the record for the greatest number of times being caught stealing Question - is base stealer a good thing or a bad thing? - is being caught stealing also a good thing or a bad thing? It said he held the record and this part confuses me. Isn't holding a record a good thing? Can you please help me understand this? Thank you
5
1
Successful base-stealing is a good thing for the team at bat, the offensive team, because it advances the runner. Conversely, being caught is bad for the team at bat, because it means the runner is out. Wills held the record, which meant he was skilled, a good thing, of course, and worthy of respect and admiration.
Being a base stealer is a good thing if you don't get caught. If you get caught stealing a base you are "out" and have to leave the game until your next "at-bat". Being caught stealing is bad for the person stealing, but if you are the team that catches the stealer it is good because the player is "out" and does not advance to that base. Holding a record is a good thing. It means you are the best at something. For example if I held the record for fastest one-mile run in the world, that means that out of anyone in the world running the one-mile I am the fastest. Does that help?
i don't know...
Фиксики
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Other, Russian
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Russian