Aii
Could you please help me with the following sentences? I would appreciate if you correct the mistakes, if any the following sentence and phrase. (Note; I really want to know if I wrote with correct grammatical word-order or natural everyday english. ) -1. the daytime traditional wedding full with elderly people. -2. There is the very strict untold rules(or the unspoken rules?) about what guests cant do, especially a dress code. Thanks in advance.
19 февр. 2014 г., 23:13
5
0
-1. The daytime traditional wedding full with elderly people. This is correct but it needs a verb to make it a proper sentence so you could say 'The daytime traditional wedding was full with elderly people' or 'It was a daytime traditional wedding full with elderly people' This is very good English though!! Very formal and well spoken :D If you wanted to make it sound a bit more casual you could say 'It was a wedding full of old people'. Generally, a wedding is seen as being traditional and during the day so you don't necessarily have to express these but its not wrong if you do! :) 2. - There is the very strict untold rules(or the unspoken rules?) about what guests cant do, especially a dress code. Not entirely correct but a good attempt!! 'There are very strict unspoken rules about what guests (can or) can't do, especially with regards to the dress code'. Because 'rules' is plural you use 'are' and not 'is'. I wouldn't say 'a dress code' here since unless it was earlier in the sentence such as 'There's a dress code which guests must adhere too' , 'The unspoken rules are strict and so is the dress code'. Great job nonetheless!! :D
19 февраля 2014 г.
The traditional daytime wedding (ceremony) full of elderly people There are very strict unspoken rules about what guests can and cannot do, especially with regard to dress.
19 февраля 2014 г.
Aii
English, Japanese, Spanish