Anotherworld
I've looked up the usages of the word "enough The idea that lightning cannot strike the same place twice is shockingly incorrect. The Empire State Building in New York City gets hit at least 25 times a year, and the Eiffel Tower in France is struck on a regular basis, too. In 1902, a lightning bolt caused enough damage that builders had to reconstruct 90 meters of the upper section of the tower. 1)How is the word "shockingly" described? 2) I've looked up the usages of the word "enough"for a long time, but I can't find the usage of it that leads to that-clause like "Such/So." I can't find it yet? and Is this often used? Please help me!! Thanks!!^ ^
1
0
1. "Shockingly" means "surprisingly." Shocked is a figure of speech to describe someone who is so surprised that they seem like they were suddenly hit with electricity. In this example it has a bit of a double meaning, because the "shocking" thing is a fact about lightening. It is meant as a pun - a joking double meaning for a word. 2. Enough is sometimes used this way. It is probably more common for people to use "so much" instead, but enough is also frequently seen. It is somewhat informal though.
Anotherworld