SkyxSky
Comment sais-je quand utiliser "Les" contre "Des"?
2
0
"Les" is like "all of them" (J'ai les stylos = I like all the pens) and "des" is like "some" (J'ai des stylos = I have some pens). Also, keep in mind that "les" is in the same family of word as your English "the" (something unique, something the other person know about) whereas "des" is in the family of "a" (something common, not special). So if you want to convey that feeling, choose accordingly with what you would use in the singular form.
Comment savoir quand utiliser... / Comment utiliser... "Les" is the plural definite article ("the" plural in English); you are referring to something in particular: Les amis de mon frère. The friends of my brother. "Des" is the plural indefinite article (it is absent in English, but sometimes you will see "some" in its place); you are not referring to anything in particular: Je veux me faire des amis. I want to make friends. J'ai des amis. I have friends. / I have some friends.
SkyxSky
French