kaali
'Have been in' or 'have been to' ? Please help! As I know 'have been to' is used when the person has visited some place and returned. 'Have been in' is used when the person has gone to some place and is still there. But does the same rule work with such places as hospital, cafe etc? For example, in such sentences: 3) I ...that cafe many times. 5) Sarah is still ill. She ...the doctor twice already. 6) Mum ...the supermarket this morning. 8) He ...the cinema twice this week. 9) We ...never ...this basketball court before. 10) ...you ever....London?
5
1
has/have been to is related to "places"... has/have been in is related to "situations" has/have been to Russia, Canada etc. has/have been in trouble, pain etc. hope i've clarified.
3) I have been to that cafe many times. 5) Sarah is still ill. She has been to the doctor twice already. 6) Mum has been to the supermarket this morning. 8) He has been to the cinema twice this week. 9) We have never been to this basketball court before. 10) Have you ever been to London? Hope this helps Kaali but please let me know if I can help you more :o)
My English is not so good , but I think those all above should be use by 'have been to", let me know if I was wrong, thank you!
kaali
English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
English, French, German, Spanish