Alexandr White
That's another matter Hello native English speakers) I'd like to ask you about "Это другое дело" (That's another matter). I had some conversation with american yesterday. I used the "that's another matter" and she didn't understand what I said. The context was following. We couldn't set up the skype and at last we did it, I exclaimed "That's another matter" Please, explain to me the real phrase that uses native speakers. Thank you)
16
0
It's still hard to understand your question, but I guess "Это другое дело" is used differently from "That's another matter" in English. We use "that's another matter" to mean "that's not important now; let's ignore it because we have something more important to look at." I'm thinking of "done and dusted" or "that's sorted" to fit your context. Is that closer to what you meant?
I had some conversation with american yesterday. => I had a conversation with an American yesterday. in this situation they say "Here we go"
Alexandr White