Community Web Version Now Available
How to call these people in authentic English? How to call these people in authentic English or slang? They are very good at studying , and spend much time on their course in the school. They can acquire much higher score than other students.
Feb 24, 2014 10:37 AM
Answers · 4
Like Gary said, studious would be the proper discription. Slang we would say bookworms, nerd, or geek (especially when dealing with computers)
February 24, 2014
Do you mean academic/standard English? The word "authentic" is not the opposite of "slang". My North American English is as authentic to me as the English spoken by someone in India is to speakers in India though the languages are very different. You might call me pedantic.
February 24, 2014
In NZ slang, we would call the 'swots' or 'swats'. More formally, we would say they were 'studious'.
February 24, 2014
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English
Learning Language