Tim
Help me please:))) {“Do it,” he urged. The four-lane interstate, gray and baked, stretched in front of them. The sun ignited the red-orange of the Camaro’s hood, and beneath it, the massively souped-up and tragically UNDER UTILIZED engine rumbled drowsily. Everything about the situation demanded someone’s foot crushing an accelerator. “I know you are not referring to street racing,” Gansey said tersely."} {"In a DISMISSIVE, sleepy voice, Adam said, “I don’t know why you think that would work out."} {“I’ve beaten him,” Ronan said. There was something dreadful about seeing a race dissolving in front of him. It was right there, adrenaline waiting to happen. And Kavinsky, of all people. It was right there, adrenaline waiting to happen. And Kavinsky, of all people. Every inch of Ronan’s skin tingled with useless anticipation. “Not in that car you haven’t. Not in your BMW.”}Could you please help me with capslock words? And in the last paragraph: Ronan wants race to be, but there seems to be no race, isn't it? And I don't understand why in the last sentence "haven't" is written, not "have". Thank you very much in advance!
4
0
"Under-utilized" means they don't use the full power of the engine. It has the capability to go extremely fast, but the driver has to obey speed limits. If you treat someone dismissively, you act as if what they have to say is unimportant or wrong. Correct, Ronan is eager to race, but the race isn't going to happen. Not in that car you haven't (beaten him). Or you haven't beaten him in that car.
OK, I'll keep that in mind. Though it's a quote from a book, these are not my words.:)
Note that UNDERUTILIZED is actually one word, even though long ago it was two separate words. It is tricky knowing when words are joined.
Tim
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish