Vas
What does "blinks" mean? This was from the following sentence: ""Crips," "gimps," and "blinks" have long been for the exclusive, internal use by people of those disabilities."
12
0
A "Blink" means "being ignored", an "Ignored Person" due to being a PWD (person with disability). It is common for PWDs to be ignored, or avoided, or disregarded by Non-PWDs for various reasons.
I have never heard the term "blink" used to describe someone with a disability. It might refer to someone with something like Tourette's Syndrome who has uncontrollable facial tics and perhaps blinks a lot, or maybe it refers to blind people. I found the book that's the source of this quote on Google Books and I see it was copyrighted 20 years ago, so maybe it was current slang at the time, but didn't last long.
Blinks = when you blink your eyes i.e. opening and shutting your eyelids rapidly.
Vas
English, Russian, Spanish