Åsna
what kind of certificate should i get? I wanna teach chinese abroad, i've gotten a certificate three years ago which i'm told it's useless. So i searched online and i found there're so many kinds of cerfiticates @.@ I'm confused... I wonder if anyone knows about which one is actually useful please let me know. T.T appreciate it
3
0
One possibility is to contact a potential employer and ask what certificates you need. Usually the certificates also need to follow visa requirements for that country. Look for the keywords "accredited" or "recognized". Some places (also in the ESL world) present themselves as "schools" offering "courses" when in reality they are agencies who will give some basic teacher training and then a placement (for a fee, of course). Outside of the agency, the "certificate" is useless.
You don't say exactly what you want to certify (language skill or teaching ability) or where you're interested in working. Also, I'm not clear on why you think your present certificate is completely useless. For certifying Mandarin ability, I'd guess the Chinese Government -- maybe the Ministry of Culture, or whatever you call it in China.
Åsna
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Swedish
Swedish