Stan
Does "no" sometimes mean zero? When my teacher said "U0" in maths class, it seemed that she was saying "U no" instead of "U o".
26 февр. 2014 г., 14:35
8
0
I didn't know what did your teacher say but I think he mean nought . Nought mean Zero or nothing. Sometimes they use it in Mathematics.
26 февраля 2014 г.
what do you say? :)
28 февраля 2014 г.
Thanks Peachey and Nanren, it is algebra, and it is used to denote the initial state, at first I thought she was saying "U oh", but then I noticed she always pronounce the zero by starting with an "n" sound, like "no", so, based on Comandante and Peachey, i think it should be nought. :)
28 февраля 2014 г.
Stan, What did she say? ....."U0" is written. What did she actually say? "You zero"? "You nought" does not seem to make sense either. . ... Is this algebra? Are there variables, u0, u1, u2, u3?,,, In maths & physics, often initial conditions are identified with a "0" [zero] appended. The car moves from position p0 to position p1 over time t.
26 февраля 2014 г.
I agree with Comandante. Based on the context, it was most likely "nought".
26 февраля 2014 г.
Stan