David-wen
Which exressions below is correct? Which exressions below is correct? pair 1 1.Even if we could go back and start a new life, history follows its former trace as usual. 2. If we could go back and start a new life, history wouldn't have changed. pair 2 1, By the time I own enough money, you will have already gone away. 2. By the time I own enough money, you would have already gone away.
2
0
Hi! Pair 1: I prefer the second version, but: History WOULDN't change. This is the typical second conditional, when you have Simpe Past on one side, and would on the other side. Wouldn't have changed is would in the past form, which is why that sentence is not correct, you only need WOULD. Par 2. The first is correct. will already have! Instead of gone away you could say: you will already have left.
They are all incorrect. The word "trace" is wrong. The second of that pair is false conjecture. One problem with the second set is that you don't own money. By the time I save enough money to get married, you will have found someone else. If she does wait, and you adopt a child, the child will think that her parents are vey old.
David-wen