Damien
translation help Hello, I need your help in translating the paragraph below. In the austere climate of post-war Britain, with resources rationed and lives waiting to be rebuilt, sport, and particularly football, was a very welcome diversion for millions. As the nation’s appetite for normality in all walks of life returned, crowds were huge, with several gates topping 70,000. There is no problem with the first sentence. I can figure out that when Britian began to emerge from the war, football was a popular option for people to release stress and have fun. But what about the second sentence? What is the meaning of "as the nation's appetite for normality in all walks of life returned"? Could you please help me paraphrase this sentence? Thx.
1
0
As the Nation returned to normal after the war the people looked forward to life returning to the way is was before the war. Appetite = they were hungry/wanted to have their normal lives back. :-)
Damien
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese