ITB
What does ¨Down to earth¨ means? I know it's a way to describe yourself but I don't know what it means. Like ¨I'm a down to earth person¨.
4
1
A down to earth person is sensible and practical. He or she thinks in terms of reality. Someone who isn't down to earth "has their head in the clouds".
Here in the US it usually means someone who is not pretentious, who is friendly, approachable, easy to talk to; things of this nature. Maybe it doesn't mean exactly those things, but something like that. I never use the expression myself. It reminds me of aging pseudo-hippies or something. ha ha ha.
Hello dear, My name is Sofia ,your profile drawn my attention on italki.com i decided to drop you a few lines can we be friend if yes please email me direct to my email box (sofiawilliams25@yahoo.com) Sofia.
April 11, 2015
Down-to-earth significa "que camina con los pies en el suelo y no anda con la cabeza en las nubes"
ITB
English, Portuguese, Spanish
English, Portuguese