Cris
What's the differens between "it seems" and "it looks"? Sorry, the difference
Mar 1, 2014 2:33 AM
5
0
essentially the mean the same, just diferent ways of using them: It seems like its going to rain today. It looks like its going to rain today. John has been so tired from work it seems like he is going to fall asleep. John has been so tired from work it looks like he is going to fall asleep. so basically they mean the same thing, just two ways of expressing it
I agree with Jesus , I will just add a couple context things to help you differentiate. In the comments Mike touched on what I will say as well. It looks is usually used when you are describing something visual , If you see dark clouds you would say , "Looks like rain today" or "It looks like it is going to rain." Seem is more along the lines of what Mike said and is more tied to the other senses or feelings. One might say "My office looks different today , something seems out of place." Another example would be "My mom isn't answering her phone , something seems wrong."
Cris
English, Portuguese, Spanish
English, Portuguese