Melody
films or series Hello! I want to know which films or series are the best choice to learn English. Thanks.
Mar 1, 2014 3:21 PM
10
0
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Films: There are currently three Lord of the Rings films, and two Hobbit movies (the third will be out this year). These contain a large variety of British accents (includin They are based on Tolkien's novels, which are considered classics. A lot of the dialogue sounds old fashioned or is worded strangely, but if you can understand the films you should have no trouble with most accents from Britain as well as some pretty complex sentence structures. Apparently the movies are watered down versions of the original books, but the movies are still widely considered to be among some of the greatest films ever made. Jason Bourne Trilogy: There are three main Bourne movies (The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum) as well as one spin-off (The Bourne Legacy). I'm a big fan of the original trilogy, but to be honest I didn't really enjoy the spin-off. They're mainly in American English, but there are a few characters that speak English with British or non-native accents (Russian, German, French etc.). A lot lines aren't in English at all, but not too many. James Bond Films: I've haven't watched many James Bond films; but since they have a similar theme to the Jason Bourne movies, they're more famous and they're are a lot more of them, I feel like I should mention them too. Besides, Jason Bourne is clearly inspired from James Bond (they even have the same initials!). James Bond speaks British English while Jason Bourne speaks American English. You can decide which one you prefer. Harry Potter Films: There are eight Harry Potter films. They're all in British English, but they're also aimed towards a mixture of young children, teenagers and young adults so the language should be pretty simple.
Here are some series: -Dexter (American English, mature themes) -Heroes (mostly American English, but there are some British and Indian characters as well as some foreign ones) -The Simpsons (American English comedy, aimed at children) -Futurama (an American English comedy similar to the Simpsons, but aimed at teenagers and young adults) -Doctor Who (a very popular British English science fiction show) -Sherlock (a modern adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes novels, British English) -The Big Bang Theory (American English, aimed at adults) -Monty Python (classic British English comedy, aimed at adults, they also have various movies) A lot of anime has been dubbed into English very well. You probably watched some of these when you were a kid: -Pokemon -Dragon Ball Z -Naruto -Death Note (Actually I came across this recently. It's surprisingly good and I'd even recommend it to adults) -Yugioh
Star Wars of course!!! :P
haha no no, todas bromas al lado yo creo que eso depende de su nivel de Ingles. Que ud busca películas serias o de aprender los básicos de la idioma. Yo puedo recomendar películas románticas , porque por lo general hablan muy lento y eso se ayuda mucho. ¡suerte!
Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future: There are six Star Wars films, four Indiana Jones movies and three Back to the Future movies. They're all in American English and they're all a bit old, but they're all classics and just about everyone of my generation has seen them. As someone who works in after school care, I can guarantee that Star Wars is still very popular with children as young as ten (they were literally born in 2004... doesn't that sound strange?) and from what I've heard they talk more about the events of the original trilogy than the new one. The original first three Star Wars movies are now 4, 5 and 6. I suggest you start at 4. I think only the first and the third Indiana Jones movies are well known by people my age. Batman Trilogy (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Night Rises), Iron Man trilogy, X-Men trilogy, The Wolverine, Man of Steel, Thor, The Avengers etc.: These are known more for their action than their plots, and they're all aimed at young adults. As far as I know they're all in American English (although a few have Australian or British actors playing the main protagonist). The Lion King, Aladdin, The Santa Clause, Toy Story trilogy, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles: These are all movies I loved when I was a child and I think you could still enjoy them as an adult. I'm going to be honest, I googled 'Disney movies' to refresh my memory. Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy: This is really one trilogy and one spin-off. The movies are in a mixture of British English and Pirate English. The trilogy has good humour, good action and a great plot.
Melody