JOY
Can " how to do" be uesd as a title? I learned that " How to do?" can't be used as an interrogative. For instance, we can't say " How to learn English well?" Now I want to know if "how to do" can be used as a title of an article, because I read some articles on the Economist, which uses the sentence structure as titles of their articles. The titles: How to be a true progressive How to make the world $600 billion poorer Thanks.:)
Mar 2, 2014 4:44 AM
2
0
Yes, those titles are fine. As for the interrogative, you need to add more to the question to make it correct. For example: "Can you tell me how to learn English well?" "Does anyone know how to learn English well?"
Yep, you can. You can usually consider 'what to do' (and similar structures) as a noun. Although if "what to do" is the title of an article, I expect the article to tell me how to do it. If I was making a topic on italki describing how to use articles, I could name it "How to Use Articles", but if I wanted to ask about how to use articles, I'd name the topic "How do you use articles?" instead.
JOY
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish
Spanish