Anotherworld
I don't know find what meaning "Paid for" is in the dictionary. He fought to to clean up the marina district and now look at the result: 300 more jobs, a sparkling waterfront and an improved image for Greensboro. A vote Tom McCormack is a vote for more jobs and a better way of life. Vote for Tom Mccormack for State Congressmanㅡ the man who got these things done and will continue to do more. Paid for by the committee to Reelect tom McCormack. 1)I wonder what "the marina district" means. 2) In the last sentence, I don't know find what meaning "Paid for" is in the dictionary. Please help me! Thanks!!
Mar 2, 2014 9:13 PM
2
0
1) A marina is a type of harbor. A "marina district" is the area of a town or city that is near the water where a lot of people keep their boats. 2) "paid for" in this sentence means that the "committee to Reelect tom McCormack" is the group that gave money to pay for this campaign advertisement. paid is the past-tense of pay, which means to give money for a good or service. I hope this helps. If you have any questions just leave a comment.
Anotherworld