zhanghongxiang
how to understand “the sisters jumped in...little I could do to stop it.”? The Sisters Blythe. It must've been around this time that I started thinking of them that way; the 'Sisters' jumped in front of the 'Blythe', somewhat like the Brothers Grimm, and there was little I could do to stop it.
4 Mar 2014 09:37
2
0
It makes sense if you imagine this all happening in the writer's head. "the (title) 'Sisters' jumped in front of the (surname) 'Blythe'" - so we have "the Sisters Blythe" "somewhat like the Brothers Grimm" - we naturally think it this way, for these particular storytellers. We don't think "the Grimm brothers", even though that's the typical word-order for such a description. "and there was little I could do to stop it" (from happening). - the writer could not stop automatically thinking of them as "the Sisters Blythe".
4 Mart 2014
The 'Sisters' jumped in front of the 'Blythe', somewhat like the Brothers Grimm, and there was little I could do to stop it. "Sisters" 跳到 “Blythe"的面前,就好像 “Brothers Grimm”(的方式)一样,我没有什么方法可以阻止他。
4 Mart 2014
zhanghongxiang