Bunch
What does "get dry off your own supply" mean? First qeution "My mother always said...Don't get dry off your own supply." What does it mean by dry off one's own supply? Second question "snap one's heels together." Is this something like an idiom? what does it mean? Third question "I'm not scared of those sticky, creepy, climby, shiny, dirty, beasts I see everywhere." Do you have an idea of climby? What is climby?
Mar 4, 2014 12:51 PM
2
0
I think that this is misquoted. I believe it should be "Don't get HIGH on your own supply". That originates from selling (dealing) illegal drugs. It advises someone selling potentially addictive drugs, should not use them as well, otherwise you will not be able to make money from selling them. "Snap one's heels together" Originates from the movie/story "The Wizard of Oz". Here a young girl clicks/snaps her heels together to magically teleport home. So this saying is generally used to tell someone that they CAN NOT simply snap their heels together to get an simple or quick or instant result. You need to work hard to achieve or gain the things that you want, you can not simply "snap one's heels together"! "Climby" is a bit of a made-up word. It is made-up to sound cute in this context. It suggests that the "beasts" climb over things. I hope that this helps.
See the following; http://rapgenius.com/K-os-the-love-song-lyrics#note-668812
Bunch
English, Japanese, Korean