Sadia
How do I attract more students on italki? Really need some good tips on how to get more students !
Mar 4, 2014 6:21 PM
7
0
I think that she posted this twice because she got some crappy answers the first time. My Spanish teacher found me. She wrote me a message in ITALKI and asked if I would like to take some lessons. If you want to attract more students, you must be proactive. You must actively seek out students. Your prices seem about right, and you have only been teaching a short while, so give it some time. Good luck.
I think a lot of the other answers were encouraging and a couple of good points were made, but most of them beat about the bush. Some things to think about: - Have a look at other teachers' profiles here. See what the good teachers are doing and how they present themselves. - You're already being active and giving feedback to your past students, and your "About me" looks fine... so really, I think you are doing fairly well. - The video doesn't exist, and your photo actually makes you look unfriendly: looking away, covered and frowning. I don't intend to be insensitive, but I'm sure there's a better way of presenting yourself in a photo, in a way that you can also be comfortable with. Again, look at what other teachers who share your philosophy have done and see what suits you. - Less self-promo posting, and less generic discussion-starters. Sorry, this is dull and anyone can do this. I'm sure you can write something much more individual and interesting! - Last of all... be patient. Asking questions like this - repeatedly - makes you cross the line from proactive to pushy. Sorry if some points have been harsh, but think about the other teachers who aren't making these mistakes and think about the students they are attracting.
Is there a reason why you posted the same exact question twice? I guarantee posting it twice will NOT get you more students. Other post: http://www.italki.com/question/236796
Sadia
Arabic (Gulf), English, Spanish
Arabic (Gulf), Spanish