oozrz
I have three questions. 1.I'm facinated by computers. I like computers. Do they have any difference? 2.I love fruits, such as apples. I love fruits, such as apples and bananas. I love fruits, such as apples, bananas and oranges. Which is right ? 3.I konw the girl whose hair is red. right? 4. What's the differences between "smog" and "fog and haze"?
Mar 6, 2014 6:55 AM
2
0
1. Fascinated is a stronger word than like. So if someone is fascinated with computers it means they enjoy many aspects of computers. They may even want to know how computers work. If someone merely likes computers, it means they enjoy them but they do not necessarily want to know a lot about them. 2. All three would be correct if you remove the comma after fruits and remove the plural 's' from fruits because fruit is a word that can be both singular and plural. So one would say, I love fruit such as apples. I love fruit such as apples and bananas. I love fruit such as apples, bananas and oranges. Fruit is a bit of a difficult word because there are occasions where one would use the plural 's' at the end of the word. 3. "I know the girl with red hair", is probably easiest way of saying this. (Of course if you happen to be writing this in a paper don't include the quotes " ". 4. Smog is air pollution produced by heavy industry that you can see. Fog is the naturally occurring condition due to condensation (water in the air). Haze is a lighter form of fog.
oozrz
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean