Cristian
What do I need to acquire a "High Intermediate" level in Korean? I am an intermediate learner of Korean and I will go to live forever in Korea within 2/3 years. To do so, I would like to get a high intermediate level in Korean, (for being able to communicate with other people with a certain degree of fluency), because I am currently at a low intermediate level. There is no website where I can found out the contents or an explanations about the knowledge I need to know to acquire the High Intermediate level of Korean. Therefore, in this occasion I am here to ask (specailly to Korean native Speakers or advanced learners of korean) what I need to know to reach the level. Could anyone help me, please? Beforehand, thank you so much for your time and for your replies : ) 여러분 감사함니다! ^_^
Mar 6, 2014 5:52 PM
3
0
Hi there, I might be not the right person to answer this since my knowledge in Korean is pretty basic, since you've already intermediate so I reckon you've came a cross talktomeinkorean.com if not then it's worth checking out. Another tip I just like to follow when learning new lanaguage in general specially if I am not living in the country: 1) Watch Soap operas and Movies in the target language in your case Korean. There are definitely many. I would highly recommend watching them along with subtitles in the target language i.e Korean. Here comes the problem that there is no much subtitles in Korean (Hangul) for the Korean Drama. I hope that link helps : http://koreabridge.net/discussion/how-get-korean-subtitles In that case you might want to go through the drama yourself and create a script for it you can ask a language partner or an online tutor to fill in the parts you've missed. Writing scripts for audio and video is a great way to improve your knowledge in a language. 2) A good tip I guess is to start thinking in Korean for example when you walk in the street try to describe all what's around you in Korean, that will open up new ideas and words you've might never came a cross. 3) Reading will certainly improve your level in Korean. You might want to converse with a korean partner or a Korean tutor a bout it. In that way you'll use the new words that you've just learnt from the book in your speaking. 4) Finding language partners and Language tutors or teachers on italki. Wish I'll be fluent in Korean one day as well. :) Hope that helps.
Cristian
English, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
Korean