Anonymous
Connotation of 잘 모르다 What kind of connotation does 잘 모르다 have? When you translate it into English would it be more like: [A] I don't know very well EX: I don't know the immune system very well 면역 체계는 잘 모른다 [B] I don't really know EX: When I have to speak, I don't really know what to say 말해야 돼면 뭘 할지 잘 모른다 Or can it have multiple meanings as such?
Mar 7, 2014 11:14 PM
2
0
잘 모르다 and 잘 모르겠다 are pretty much the same. They have the connotation that you just don't understand something. However, I feel like 모르겠다 is used more from what I've heard. 면역 체계는 잘 모른다 (x) -> .... the immune process doesn't know. [Doesn't make sense] 난 면역계가 뭘 하는지 잘 모르겠어. (o) 난 면역계를 잘 몰라. -> I don't know what the immune system does. -> I don't know the immune system very well. 체계 is not used for systems within in the body. You want to use 계통 or in 면역's case just 계. 말해야 돼면 뭘 할지 잘 모른다 [x] 말할 때 어떻게 하면 좋을지 잘 모르겠다. [o]
Anonymous
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean