Aureli Sánchez
Make or take? Hello. I was doing an exercise and I had to complete the following sentence: If you ________ the choice of sunglasses seriously, then you will want to protect yourself agaisnt all three. I put the verb make because I thought that is a collocation with choice, but the book says that the correct answer is the word take because is a part of a fixed expression with seriously. I don't understand why is more important the fixed expression with the adverb seriously than the collocation with choice. Can someone help me?
Mar 8, 2014 8:24 AM
3
1
The collocation uou need here is "take (something) seriously". You were thinking of "make A choice" (the question uses "the" - this is not the same collocation).
Thank you James. A collocation is a fixed expression.
I do not know what collaction means. If you said "make" you would be understood. But "take something seriously" is a fixed expression, so best to learn it
Aureli Sánchez
Catalan, English, Spanish