mayllt
which one is correct? in "because they are all so bad.", what does "they" indicate? does it "those who won't tell Madonna she's all bad ?" or does it indicate "all sides of Madonna are bad?" The business continues to go well. Mrs. Levine has bought the small Picasso at our price, for which I congratulate myself, and I have old Mrs. Fleshman playing with the notion of the hideous Madonna. No one ever bothers to tell her that any particular piece of hers is bad, because they are all so bad. However I lack your fine touch in selling to the old Jewish matrons. I can persuade them of the excellence of the investment, but you alone had the fine spiritual approach to a piece of art that unarmed them. Besides they probably never entirely trust another Jew.
Mar 8, 2014 3:12 PM
2
0
This is an odd sentence. I believe it to mean that Mrs. Fleshman chooses to buy "bad" art. In other words, she has "bad taste" in art. The piece of artwork she is currently considering buying is a bad picture of the Madonna (Mary, Jesus' mother).
mayllt