mayllt
which part is the name of people, which part is name of place? in "Herrn Martin Schulse Schloss Rantzenburg Munich, Germany", I know "Munich, Germany"are names of places, but in the previous part in this sentence, which part is the name of people, which part is name of place? the context is: 【schulse-Eisenstein Galleries San Francisco, California, u.s.a. November 12, 1932 Herrn Martin Schulse Schloss Rantzenburg Munich, Germany My Dear Martin: Back in Germany! How I envy you! Although I have not seen it since my school days, the spell of Unter den Linden is still strong upon me—the breadth of intellec¬tual freedom, the discussions, the music, the light- hearted comradeship. And now the old Junker spirit, the Prussian arrogance and militarism are gone. You go to a democratic Germany, a land with a deep cul¬ture and the beginnings of a fine political freedom. It will be a good life. Your new address is impressive and I rejoice that the crossing was so pleasant for Elsa and the young sprouts.
Mar 8, 2014 3:28 PM
1
0
Herrn = Mister Martin Schulse = person's name Schloss = a building (similar to "manor house" or "château") Rantzenburg = the name of the building It would probably have been clearer had the author put commas after "Schulse" and "Rantzenburg": Herrn Martin Schulse, Schloss Rantzenburg, Munich, Germany
mayllt